What is a Life Coach?
An effective coach creates a relationship of mutual trust and respect and can then offer a broader perspective of truth because of the emotional distance the professional relationship offers. A coach is an individual who possesses the tools, techniques, focus, wisdom, intent, and knowledge to elicit a client’s values, goals, and beliefs. The coach is then able to create a plan of action and a strategy for success toward a defined outcome or result and is able to guide the client. Coaching is a system of thinking and action items that when put into practice can shift a life right into balance to create a new, rewarding lifestyle. It is introducing change to overcome obstacles and a decisiveness to allow for permanent change.
What types of people utilize the services of coaching?
- Business owners (also, small business owners who are self-employed)
- Managers who desire to improve their leadership skills
- Individuals who want growth in their relationships
- People seeking balance
- Those who desire growth and change
In what areas does a coach assist someone in business?
- Entrepreneurial and small business development
- Career planning
- Time management
- Creativity and organization
- Leadership, managerial, and communication
In what areas does a coach assist someone on a personal level?
- Relationships and intimacy
- Spirituality and personal growth
- Stress management and balance
- Motivation and confidence
- Time management
- Finances and budgeting
- Health, aging, lifestyle and self-care
- Family and parenting
What are the benefits to hiring a coach?
People who decide to hire a life coach benefit by discovering who they are, what they excel at and areas that require additional work, behavior modification, desired accomplishments, willingness to change, self-awareness, and acquiring the ability to set and reach goals.
One important area that the coach teaches the client is how to develop and utilize intuition. This is a definitive area, which incorporates beliefs and adds the law of attraction to coaching. It allows the client to recognize limiting beliefs, change negative situations into positive, focus, and accept it into their lives.