Have you ever wondered what time and stress management really is and how it can help you? What are the underlying causes and how can we fix them so we can have a happier, healthier lifestyle?
Time management is a very valuable skill in today’s society, but what is it, really? It’s sort of controversial. Some believe you can’t actually manage time, and that’s why it isn’t the best description. It’s really life management, which is personal productivity, physical training, savings and financial sense, social relationships, and food & health. So, whereas personal productivity is an important component of life management, time management is THE part of personal productivity. Time management is the art of arranging, organizing, scheduling, and budgeting one’s time for the purpose of generating more effective work and productivity.
Effective time management is the primary key to a less stressful life. Managing time and stress is all about taking charge of your thoughts, emotions, schedules, environment, and how you cope with everyday problems. There are also important health benefits to it. By managing your time more wisely, you can minimize stress and improve your quality of life. Your ultimate goal should be a balanced life, with time for work, relationships, relaxation, and fun – plus the resilience to hold up under pressure and meet challenges head on.
Here are some simple techniques to manage time:
- Find some way to realistically and practically analyze your time;
- Create a to-do-list;
- Learn the difference between where you can help and where you are needed;
- Learn the difference between needing it now and needing it at all;
- Ask for help;
- Use a “do not disturb” sign;
- Sort mail categorizing “read now”, “handle now”, and “read later”;
- Read your mail at the same time each day;
- Have a place for everything and put everything in its place;
- Schedule 10 minutes per day to do nothing…clear your mind;
- Learn good management skills;
- Practice, practice…and then practice again