One of Napoleon Hill’s 17 principles is relative to the “Mastermind Principle”. It states as follows:
Mastermind Alliance: consists of an alliance of two or more minds working in perfect harmony for the attainment of a common definite objective. No two minds ever come together without a third invisible force, which may be likened to a “third mind.” When a group of individual minds are coordinated and function in harmony, the increased energy created through that alliance becomes available to every individual in the group. No man can become a permanent success without taking others along with him.
There are many benefits of the mastermind principle:
- It is a source of creative ideas.
- It provides different perspectives on a problem you would never think of.
- It provides access to the knowledge of numerous people you can tap into instantly.
- It’s a way of reducing risk, by others providing information of unseen pitfalls you may miss and discussions relative to the mistakes others have made.
- It is an extension of your own intelligence.
- A reference point for expectations.
- It’s a group of individuals who raise the bar by challenging each other to create and implement goals, brainstorm ideas, and support each other with total honesty, respect and compassion.
- Masterminding is a means of gaining insight through clever questioning and helping to solve the problem.
- They provide support to help you get through adversities.
- They are like-minded individuals who understand what’s involved with running a business.
You will gain tremendous insights, which can improve your business and personal life. Your mastermind group is like having an objective board of directors. You will gain experience, skill and confidence. You will make real progress in your business and personal life by creating an instant and valuable support network.